November 26, 2018

Miniature Spotlight: Chainrasp Hordes from Games Workshop (Soul Wars)

I bought Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Soul Wars recently and I'm amazed by the awesome content of the box. I started painting the Nighthaunt army immediately. It also was a good opportunity to buy some GW paints. I used almost exclusively Vallejo paints my whole life but I'm starting to really like the GW paints, especially the shades and glazes. Nihilakh Ocide and Nighthaunt Gloom are als very good technical paints that made painting the Nighthaunt army really fun.

The first 10 models of the Chainrasp Hordes were my color testing models and I really like how they turned out:






Body
Black Primer
Citadel Ionarch Skin on the body and face
3:1 mix of Citadel Lahmian Medium and Citadel Nihilakh Oxide
Citadel Coelia Greenshade in the recesses of the hands and faces
Citadel Coelia Greenshade towards the transition between cloth and ghostly body
Citadel Ionarch Skin und Citadel Deepkin Flesh for the arms and face
Citadel Deepkin Flesh for the Edge Highlight of the body

Metal
Citadel Leadbelcher, Citadel Agrax Earthshade, Citadel Runefang Steel and Citadel Nuln Oil
Citadel Warplock Bronze, Citadel Argrax Earthsade and Citadel Nulm Oil, Citadel Balthasar Gold

The Cloth
Citadel Nighthaunt Gloom
Citadel Nuln Oil (2x)
Edge highlight with Citadel Nighthaunt gloom

Base
Vallejo Burnt Umber and Vallejo Charred Brown, Vallejo Khaki, Vallejo German Grey, Vallejo Cold Grey, Vallejo Stonewall Grey, Citadel Agrax Earthshade, Citadel Nuln Oil and the "early fall" two colored tufts from Mininatur for a bit of vegetation.


Edit: Sneaky Ghosts. One of the guys above isn't from the Soul Wars box and was painted after my color testing. It's this guy:



He is actually from the Warhammer Underworlds: Nightvault box. He blended in so well with the other that I didn't notice it until I shot the pictures. Instead of him, this Chainrasp should have been in his place:



Pictures from the undead part of the Warhammer Underworlds: Nightvault box are coming soon. :)

2 comments:

Vincent Penetier said...

very nice paints !

CK aka Kronos said...

Thank you very much, Vincent! :)