I've painted my Plaguebearers of Nurgle and I'm very
disgusted happy with all the blood
them. I was looking for an opportunity to train my airbrush skills and
the demons from GW were once again the perfect test
subjects. The main goal was to try to get very subtle and fluent color
transitions. I honestly didn't know if the Plaguebeares would come
out of this experiment looking even halfway decent since I'm still
fairly new to the whole painting with an airbrush thing but so far I'm
very pleased with the outcome.
I decided to give the swords a heavy rust effect with a mixture of Vallejo "Burnt Sienna" and "Dark Red Ocre" Pigments.
The sores and intestines were painted with Minitaire Ghost Paints from Badger. I bought a couple of the new Airbrush Ready paints and am extremely impressed with hem. They work like a charm and after testing them heavily on the Plaguebeares I will happily add them to my paint collection.
The bases are "Corpse Fields" bases from Secret Weapon miniatures. I also added some gruesome bits here and there from an Limited Edition Battlefield Basing Kit the Army Painter sold a few years ago.
|All in all it was a very pleasant painting experience to get the Plaguebeares from this|
They also already made an appearance on the gaming table when we had our D&D session in June. Here's a sneak preview of the coming Battle Report:
I'm currently editing the pictures from several new paint jobs including the Skin Wolves from Forge World, various Empire Soldiers from GW and Forge World, some war casualties, a bunch of Townfolk miniatures and of course the Battle Report from June. It seems July will be a picture heavy month. :)