October 7, 2011

The Happy Spender: Jokers and Bozos

Almost exactly 21 years ago, I was 12,  I bought myself a copy of the Cyberpunk 2020 role-playing game. I've been a gamer ever since. To be more exact: a gamemaster ever since. That's why Cyberpunk will always have a special place in my gamer heart. Now, two decades later, I'm working on my next big Cyberpunk campaign setting. I'm actually converting the 2020 setting to fit into my Dark Prophet Sci-Fi Campaign where the planet earth as we know it is actually a long time imperial science project regarding human cultural behavior. A short visit from the Orkz had long reaching consequences and let to the termination of the project and to the open  integration of the inhabitants of the planet earth into the Holy Galactic Empire. The cultural impact on Eden Prime (the imperial name for the Plant Earth) was disastrous, the world as we knew it collapsed and from that point on where pretty much in the Cyberpunk 2020 Setting along with all the other fun stuff that makes the Dark Prophet Chronicles what it is.
Why am I telling you this now? Because like my fantasy campaign the DPC Cyberpunk setting will include tabletop wargaming. And for some time now I'm searching for the perfect miniatures for a Cyberpunk gang that calls themselves the Bozos and now I've found them:









The Jokers from Taban-Miniatures are exactly what I need to bring these deadly clowns to life in my game. The miniatures arrived today which is perfect timing since the Urban Rubble Wasteland Bases from Dragon Forge arrived yesterday from the States and I think these will be the perfect bases for these wicked gangbangers.



No comments: