March 12, 2012

Miniature Spotlight: Dystopian Wars - The Prussian Empire


One of the players in my game group, Matthias, is a fan of Dystopian Wars from Spartan Games. I haven't had the chance to play the game myself but I'm a big fan of the miniatures (that also goes for Uncharted Seas and Firestorm Armada). We often talked about how awesome this game looks and how we both would love to play it. So one day while we were playing D&D he asked me again if I would not like to buy an DW army. He already had one and was in the process of painting it.
I actually wanted to buy one for some time but hesitated because I knew I would not have the time to assemble and paint it. There are already so many other projects waiting to get done in 2012. And I knew if I would start this game I would not buy just one army. Over time I would want to have them all (oh, the addiction!) and I would eventually also start Uncharted Seas and Firestorm Armada.
So I said "OK, I buy an army if you paint it for me".
Matthias did a few custom paint jobs on commission for me in the past but I was pretty sure this was not going to happen when I said that sentence since Matthias is as short on free time as I am. I took me by surprise when he said "OK, lets do this!". And now that I've seen the first painted models I'm already so fascinated with this new game that there is no way back.

Full speed ahead! There shall be epic sea battles! :)

Since Matthias already had the uber-awesome Covenant of Antarctica army I decided to go for the Prussian Empire. Right now this is what my fleet looks like:

As you can see several of my warships are already painted. Matthias is an awesome painter and I really love what he has done with these minis.

Especially the camouflage pattern on the side of the ships looks very nice.

During the assembly magnets were used...

... to keep things interchangeable.

Giant War Robots. One word: Awesome.

I really like the design of the Prussian Army...

...especially the Sky Fortress (the zeppelin aircraft carrier) looks just great.

 I can't wait to see this whole army painted and in action. This will be awesome! :)

No comments: